Which vehicles can an A driving license holder drive?
• Agricultural machines not exceeding the shape limits and the mass of the motor-vehicles
• Motor tricycle and quadricycles
• Motorcycles of any engine capacity and power
Which vehicles can an A1 driving license holder drive?
• Motor-cycles with a displacement not over 125 cm³ and maximum power not over 11 kW
• Motor tricycles
• Motor quadricycles for transporting goods of empty mass up to 550 kg and power up to 15 kW
Which type of vehicles can a B driving license holder drive?
• 125 cm³ and maximum 11 kW motor-cycles in Italy
• Motor-cycles with side-car
• Motor vehicles with maximum 8 seats, driver excepted, and of full load weight up to 3.5 tons
• Truck having a weight at full load up to 3.5 tons
• Agricultural machines (special ones too)
• Operator machines (not special ones)
Can a B driving license holder tow?
Yes, but only if:
• It is light, it weighs up to 750 Kg
• It weighs more than 750 Kg, but the weight of the towing at full load does not exceed the weight at empty load of the engine, and together they don't exceed 3.5 tons
When are B and E driving licenses required?
When you have to tow a towing that:
• Weighs more than 750 Kg and the weight of the towing at full load exceed the empty weight of the engine
• Weighs more than 750 Kg and the full load weight of the engine + the towing exceeds 3.5 tons
Which office issues and renews a driving license?
The Traffic Control Authority.
How many years is a driving license valid?
• 10 years until the age of 50
• 5 years between 50 and 70 years of age
• 3 years over 70 years of age
What has to be done when a driving license expires?
In order to renew a driving license a medical examination must be undergone, to check physical and psychic conditions: if they are suitable for driving the Traffic Control Authority renews your driving license.
What are the limits for a freshly licensed person?
During the first three years since taking the driving license, a person CAN'T exceed:
• 90 Km/h on main out-of-town roads
• 100 Km/h on highways
Who can withdraw a driving license? Why?
Police and traffic wardens can withdraw a driving license when something serious is committed, such as:
• Drunken driving
• Exceeding the maximum speed limit of over than 40 Km/h
• Driving when holding an expired driving license
• Not arranging a load
Who can suspend a driving license? Why?
A driving license can be suspended by the Traffic Control Authority, the Prefecture or the bailiff; when a driving license is suspended driving is forbidden for a certain period of time (one or more months).
A driving license is suspended when something serious is committed, such as:
• Drunken driving
• Exceeding the maximum speed limit of over 40 Km/h
• Overtaking on curves
• Overtaking on humps
• Driving on the wrong side of the road
• U-turning on a highway
What's the revision of a driving license?
It can be a theory exam or a medical examination.
The Traffic Control Authority can request a driving license revision when doubting about physical and psychical conditions required for driving.
Who can revoke a driving license? Why?
A driving license can be revoked by the Traffic Control Authority or the Prefecture; when revoked a driving license is taken off and won't be given back any more.
A driving license is revoked when:
• The revision examination has failed
• The physical, psychical and moral conditions are not suitable for driving any more
• An Italian driving license is exchanged with a foreign driving license
Who drives either vehicles or motorcycles must show driving license to police whenvever requested and then:
• the registration document/ log book - similar to an identity card for the vehicle
• the insurance documents
The police can be distinguished besides their uniform, also by the red and white signal paddle.
When is the use of glasses and contact lenses required?
When a driving license bears: "driving with lenses compulsory".